Fluxus – Portfolio Theme for Photographers
Version 1.8 overview
- Gutenberg blocks are now supported. When editing content in admin area you will see same styling as on the actual website.
- Code quality improved to match ThemeForest requirements.
- Slight design adjustments to refresh the look.
- Improved performance.
- Fixed IE Edge, Android Mobile & WordPress 5.3 issues.
Version 1.7 overview
- Support for self hosted videos and ‘no controls playback’ in portfolio projects.
- Portoflio projects support self hosted videos.
- Design tweaks.
- Improved performance and stability.
- Updated admin UI for Project media.
After updating your theme to 1.7
- Visit admin area. On first visit Fluxus will make any required data changes.
- Visit Appearance > Customize and update your accent color. This will regenerate accent color CSS.
Version 1.6 overview
Introduced a completely new Fluxus Lightbox.
- Upgraded mobile UI to support full set of actions: pinch, horizontal pan, vertical pan, tap, double tap.
- Added support for zooming on mobile.
- After showing an image, a higher resulution image will be loaded in background and then displayed when ready. This results in much better quality on high-resolution screens.
- Rearranged controls so they are more intuitive. Close button is now in top right corner – a more common space.
- Updated opening animation with smooth transition.
- Modern click-anywhere navigation with clever indicator.
- If user is idle for 8s then all controls will fade out.
- Loading indicator will be shown only if loading takes longer than 800ms.
Version 1.5 overview
Key new features of Full Page Slider:
- YouTube, Vimeo and self-hosted video support.
- New user-friendly admin UI.
- Content positioning is much smarter. Closest corner is used when calculating position, this results in more accurate positioning on different screens.
- Content box width can be customised using admin UI.
- WYSIWYG editor that allows basic formatting for content.
- Better performance, smooth experience on mobile and improved visual details.
Page with Background template replaced by Full Page Slider Page with Background template was removed because same visual style can be achieved by creating Full Page Slider using single slide. Plus you get various customisation options available in Full Page Slider.
Notes before updating to version 1.5
After installing 1.5 you must visit admin area. A background script will kick in and migrate your data to a new format. Then you please check all your pages that use Full Page Slider and Page with Background templates. I have tested the migration script many times, however there is a chance that you will need to adjust settings to achieve the desired look. Hope you will enjoy the new Full Page Slider.
Version 1.8.3 – April 27, 2020
- Improved: Added new option that provides an improved project navigation experience. Under Theme Options > Portfolio you can now select 'Clicking on project image: Scrolls into view or opens lightbox'. This option will by default scroll image into view or open lightbox if image is already in the middle of the screen. - Improved: Added WP 5.4 Buttons block support. - Improved: Added WP 5.4 Social Icons Block support. - Fixed: Unable to customize Grid Portfolio image sizes when in Project Types settings. - Fixed: Page title position when on pages with featured image. - Fixed: Accent colour won't apply when Project Type is added to Secondary Menu (please change your accent color for changes to take effect). - Fixed: Extra whitespace after saving Project Information. - Fixed: PHP showed notices in some cases when visiting Full Page Slider. - Fixed: Horizontal Portfolio layout issues on mobile.
Version 1.8.2 – February 16, 2020
Upgrade note. This update requires you to regenerate your images for optimal performance. Before doing so make sure your Settings > Media image sizes are set to: Thumbnail 500×500, Medium 768×768, Large 1024×1024.
Improved: Image performance. Reduced amount of custom image sizes used by Fluxus. Before each uploaded image would generate 16 different smaller images now this number was reduced to 7. Making uploads faster and saving bandwidth. Fluxus will use default image sizes founnd in Settings > Media. Recommended sizes are: Thumbnail 500x500, Medium 768x768, Large 1024x1024. Improved: On mobile devices smaller images will be used for better performance and without compromising quality. Improved: Improved: Lazy image loading strategy: additional project images will be loaded if network is idle. Improved: video tags can now be embedded in project embed area. Improved: Implements new wp_body_open tag. Fixed: Projects with a lot of images were slow to load since Fluxus 1.8. Fixed: Embedded videos on project pages were not working when viewed on mobile. Fixed: Aspect ratio of video files is now correctly calculated. Fixed: HTML in 'Footer Copyright' setting is now allowed. Fixed: Social share buttons in footer would appear under main content in some casees. Updated: lazysizes plugin 4.1.5 -> 4.1.8
Version 1.8.1 – January 30, 2020
Fixed: In 1.8 ability to edit content, button title and appearance in Full Page Slider was broken. Fixed: When resize fails portfolio list in admin area shows huge images instead of thumbnails. Improved: Project images layout on very large screens. Improved: Implements support for Gallery caption added in WP 5.3. Improved: Does not add trailing slash if there are no comment count to display. Improved: HTML validation by adding HTML5 style script and style tags.