Graphic Designer job
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Walsh|Sheppard is seeking a Graphic Designer to join our team of communications and marketing professionals. A strong knowledge base and experience working in Alaska are preferred. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and a fun, high-energy working environment. Salary DOE.
Knowledge of design production processes, illustration and various software including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other industry design and production software; reasonable drawing skills; printing processes and specification; paper specification; ink specification; familiarity with typestyles, type design, and type specification; stock photography; computer retouching and image manipulation; art direction of original photography, and good communication skills are desirable. Familiarity with digital video editing is a plus.
- Provides design and illustration from conception to completion as required.
- Works with creative department to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns.
- Assists account teams with presentations for creative and new business pitches.
- Works with independent contractors (freelance illustrators, photographers, etc.) as needed per assignment, under supervision of the creative director, and in conjunction with account team to meet assigned deadlines.
- Maintains high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions; takes training in the use of new editing, design, and illustration software as the agency requires.
- Assists in archiving and maintaining digital files, project hard copies, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, historical collateral samples, etc., of client materials, and in maintaining a log of archives to assist other department members in locating necessary files and references.
- Maintains current computer software skills compatible with the needs of other creative team members.
- Maintains internal file backups for work in progress; uploads completed project files to agency server.
- Maintains a reasonable inventory of necessary art supplies for the fulfillment of design responsibilities.
- Has basic knowledge of Alaska, its peoples, geography, and nuances unique to our state.
- Reports to Creative Director
Are you an energetic, hard-working individual who is passionate about making a difference through branding, strategy, and communications? Do you want to be valued for your unique talents and experience? Do you want to work in an environment where you can grow and thrive, and where “Make it Fun” is one of our core values? If so, please consider joining the Walsh|Sheppard team.
Job Type: Full-time